A young dance instructor, experiencing cramps and aches in her stomach thought that it was a minor stomach virus and didn't pay much attention to it.
Little did she knew that she was hit by a very strong strain of the E.Coli bacteria, aka, O157:H7 strain. The 0157:H7 E.Coli bacteria strain, if untreated, can lead to severe diarrhoea and even kidney failure. In the case of the young dance instructor, it lead to paralysis waistdown as it'd severely damaged the central nervous system of this young lady, Miss Smith.
The cause was traced to a dinner of "ground beef" the family had prepared in 2007, meat grounded by a certain grounding house factory.
To completely remove E.Coli from food, it is advised to cook meats and vegetable to a temperature of 72 degrees celsius for at least 15 seconds. This method has been tested to successfully eradicate any traces of E.Coli from cooked meats and vegetables.
Source: New York Times [Online Edition] via Boing Boing
Today is 5th October 2009
Time now is 10:26 hrs